An intoxicated woman was bitten by a tiger after she broke into a zoo and tried to pet the animal, police said.
Jacqueline Eide, 33, reached into the predator’s cage after she allegedly entered Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska, early Sunday — just hours after Halloween.
There was no merciful repeat of Daniel in the lions’ den, however, and Eide suffered a “severe trauma” to her left hand, the Omaha Police Department said in a statement.
She was driven to hospital by a friend, where police said Eide was aggressive and showed signs of intoxication by alcohol or drugs. She…
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism