The Missile Defense Agency (MDA) has confirmed the successful test of a layered missile defense system on Sunday.
Officially designated Flight Test Operational-02 Event 2a, the maneuver on Wake Island in the western Pacific Ocean used multiple missile defense systems to annihilate short-range and medium-range ballistic targets, while simultaneously conducting an anti-aircraft and anti-cruise missile operation.
“This was a highly complex operational test” the MDA stated, “which required all elements to work together in an integrated layered defense design.”
It also required multiple defense arms to work together. The U.S. MDA, U.S. European Command, U.S. Pacific Command, Ballistic Missile Defense System Operational Test Agency and Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense all participated.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate