The Missile Defense Agency (MDA) has confirmed the successful test of a layered missile defense system on Sunday.
Officially designated Flight Test Operational-02 Event 2a, the maneuver on Wake Island in the western Pacific Ocean used multiple missile defense systems to annihilate short-range and medium-range ballistic targets, while simultaneously conducting an anti-aircraft and anti-cruise missile operation.
“This was a highly complex operational test” the MDA stated, “which required all elements to work together in an integrated layered defense design.”
It also required multiple defense arms to work together. The U.S. MDA, U.S. European Command, U.S. Pacific Command, Ballistic Missile Defense System Operational Test Agency and Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense all participated.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement