No stranger to excelling at Halloween costumes, LeBron James transformed himself into Prince on Saturday and it was amazing.
The 30-year-old NBA player donned the royal purple outfit for the Cleveland Cavaliers’ basketball party, where he got up to belt out some of Prince’s greatest hits, including “Purple Rain.” Kevin Love, J.R. Smith and Kyrie Irving, a few of James’s teammates, even joined him on stage as backup dancers, although they weren’t dressed as The Revolution.
The performance was shared on Instagram.
As an added bonus, LeBron chose a Prince outfit that looks incredibly similar to the one Dave Chappelle wore during his infamous “Charlie Murphy’s True Hollywood Story” skit about the singer.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com