No stranger to excelling at Halloween costumes, LeBron James transformed himself into Prince on Saturday and it was amazing.
The 30-year-old NBA player donned the royal purple outfit for the Cleveland Cavaliers’ basketball party, where he got up to belt out some of Prince’s greatest hits, including “Purple Rain.” Kevin Love, J.R. Smith and Kyrie Irving, a few of James’s teammates, even joined him on stage as backup dancers, although they weren’t dressed as The Revolution.
The performance was shared on Instagram.
As an added bonus, LeBron chose a Prince outfit that looks incredibly similar to the one Dave Chappelle wore during his infamous “Charlie Murphy’s True Hollywood Story” skit about the singer.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms