It’s “The Mountain and The Viper“ all over again — only instead of “trial by combat” it’s MMA, and instead of Oberyn Martell it’s Conor McGregor.
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, the actor who plays Ser Gregor Clegane onGame of Thrones, hit up Straight Blast Gym in Ireland to spar with UFC featherweight McGregor. Video of their friendly face-off was released online. Don’t worry, The Mountain is done with eye-plucking for the moment.
“Had a good day today with these champs,” Björnsson wrote on Instagram, tagging McGregor and MMA competitor Gunnar Nelson. McGregor, meanwhile, remarked, “Today I had a bare-knuckle fight off a 180kg monster called ‘The Mountain.’ I’d never fought, or even seen a man that big before.”
McGregor stands at 5’9” and weights 145 lbs., while Björnsson pulls 6’9” and 419 lbs. Just imagine if they were fighting for real.
This story originally appeared on EW.com
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space