Last month, a rat was spotted dragging a cheesy slice of pizza down the steps of a New York City subway station. He was known as Pizza Rat, and he became an instant Internet sensation.
But there’s a new disgusting food-loving rodent in town. His name is Doughnut Rat. On Friday, YouTube user Dustin Sherman posted the above clip, which shows a large rat dragging a large doughnut around a downtown subway platform at 2:30 in the morning. You know, because New York is the city that never sleeps—and that includes its hungry rats.
It’s unlikely that Doughnut Rat will become as iconic as Pizza Rat, but he’ll still be admired for his gumption.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was