If you’ve ever wondered what Game of Thrones‘ Daenerys would look like as a pop superstar, look no further than the new video from Ariana Grande. The “Break Free” siren—now sporting silvery, lavender locks that make her look a bit like the HBO character—released two albums in two years and headlined her own arena tour, yet she’s still found the time to squeeze in a whole new record, her upcoming third LP Moonlight. After weeks of Instagram teasing she’s finally shared the first single, “Focus,” and its accompanying video.
The track reunites Grande with über-producer Max Martin (Taylor Swift, the Weeknd), and it picks up where their chart-topping Iggy Azalea collaboration “Problem” left off last year: there’s another brass section, a familiar pre-chorus and even a dude shouting on the hook in place of Big Sean’s whisper. But hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it—no need for Grande to check her vision here.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating