Another day, another record for Adele and her latest single. The 27-year-old singer’s video for “Hello” is the second-fastest video to notch 100 million views on YouTube, according to a statement from the company, via Billboard.
The only video to stand in the way of Adele’s landmark? The 2013 “Gentleman” by Psy, his “Gangnam Style” follow-up.
Earlier this week, the video crushed Taylor Swift’s record for most single-day Vevo views with the squad-laden “Bad Blood.” Adele hit 27.7 million views, while Swift was at 20.1 million.
And only more accolades are on the way for Adele: Billboard projects “Hello” will seize the No. 1 spot on its Hot 100 debut next week, and 25 is already expected to clear 1 million sales in its first week.
“Hello” is the first single off Adele’s forthcoming third album, 25, out Nov. 20.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This