The White House tweeted an image in honor of “National Cat Day,” which was Thursday, that featured two familiar faces. Only one, however, was feline.
The so-called Grumpy Cat reached viral meme status in around 2012, but he’s recently gained new attention from the Commander-in-Chief. White House political director David Simas used the meme to illustrate the Republican primary debate on Wednesday night.
And last week, President Obama referenced the furious ball of fur while mocking Republicans.
“They are gloomy. They are like Grumpy Cat,”Obama said at the Democratic National Committee’s women’s leadership forum last week. Then (because of course he did) he made the face.
Watch the full clip below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow