The “Hello” parodies keep coming. Ellen DeGeneres got in on the trend Wednesday when she spliced her side of the conversation into the video for Adele’s latest single “Hello,” which will appear on her upcoming album 25.
“A lot of people don’t realize her new song is based on a conversation we had,” DeGeneres told the audience.
In the clip, DeGeneres uses her dated landline phone to speak with Adele in the Xavier Dolan-directed video. But when the connection drops, the talk show host gets a call from another highly-memed artist: Drake in his “Hotline Bling” video.
Enjoy the full parody here and watch for an appearance by another “Hello” singer towards the end:
The Ellen DeGeneres Show airs weekdays at 4 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating