Even after you’ve put everything they own in a box to the left, the digital remnants of an ex-boyfriend or girlfriend can be hard to fully shake. Google’s making that bit easier with the latest update to its Photos app on Android, the company announced in a Google+ post.
Users will be able to block specific people from appearing in the app’s “Rediscover this day” feature, which (ideally) surfaces heartwarming photos from past years. Facebook has a similar feature called “On This Day” and also offers tools to jettison ghosts of relationships past from your News Feed.
Google’s Photos update also expands the face grouping feature, which lets you search for a person and see all your photos of them, to several new countries. The update rolled out on Android Wednesday and is coming soon to iOS and the Web.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization