It’s not easy being 13. You’re no longer a tween, but not really a teenager either. And let’s not even talk about the tortures of puberty.
Another challenge: getting your hands on video games with mature themes. The kind Bobby’s mom lets him get, even though he’s only a month older. Michaelsiemsen’s 13 year old son wanted a copy of Grand Theft Auto V, a game with adult themes many times over. To convince his parents, he put together a thoroughly cogent argument—in PowerPoint.
You can read the entire presentation here.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll