Scarlett Johansson is well known for having a sultry voice, and in a new recording, she proves that she can make almost anything sound sexy. Johansson appears on Tasty Radio, the comedy album of Saturday Night Live alum Mike O’Brien, performing a provocative reading of the Bible. The track, “Sexy Bible,” treats listeners to a titillating rendition of verses from the Old Testament.
“I’ve always wanted to do a sketch about the Old Testament, specifically Deuteronomy,” O’Brien told Rolling Stone. “The Old Testament is filled with beautiful stuff, but also some weirdly specific, random rules and speeches. Deuteronomy could be called ‘Laws for Stuff That Will Never Apply to 99% of Civilization.'”
The track features the 30-year-old actress sexing up some of those passages. “If you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife, bring her into your home, and have her… shave her head,” Johansson reads.
O’Brien also said that he wanted a female partner for “Sexy Bible” who would do the best job of highlighting what he called the misogynistic nature of the verses.
“I wasn’t sure what the comedic take would be when I first became obsessed with Deuteronomy, but I knew a female should be delivering most of it because a lot of the quotes are very misogynistic and who wants to hear a guy make fun of that,” he said. “I was so thrilled that Scarlett said she’d do it.”
Listen to the entire track below. The full album will be released on Oct. 30.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk