Sofía Vergara has shut down rumors she’s one of Bill Cosby’s alleged sexual assault victims.
The Modern Family star fired back via Twitter after radio show El Candela claimed she ‘could’ve been one of Cosby’s victims’ amid sexual abuse allegations against the comedian.
“A video of an interview of Bill Cosby and a young Sofia Vergara came out. It’s rumored if she could’ve been one of his victims,” En Candela tweeted in Spanish.
The said video is a 2003 interview between the two on The Late Show when Cosby was guest hosting for David Letterman. Vergara was promoting one of her first major films, Chasing Papi, at the time.
The clip—resurfaced on YouTube recently—shows Vergara dressed in a multicolored dress and Cosby sitting beside her in gold and white.
“Men look at you, and they think only of sin. What you have on tonight is wonderful. This is just wonderful. When you walking out, many people became attentive,” he says before adding, “You make me feel young again, you make me feel excited.”
Following En Candela’s tweet, Vergara fired back at the radio show’s allegations with her own response.
“Respect people. Stop inventing nonsense,” she wrote in her native tongue.
More than 50 women allege they were victims of the former sitcom star and have accused him of drugging them or sexually assaulting them.
Cosby has denied accusations and has not been criminally charged.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023