Hillary Clinton was the guest of honor on Tuesday night’s episode of The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, the latest television stop in the presidential candidate’s campaign. At one point in the conversation, Colbert asked Clinton about her birthday on Monday, which came on the heels of last week’s protracted Benghazi hearing on Capitol Hill. Clinton said she turned 68 with refreshingly little fanfare: she slept in; she spent time with her daughter and granddaughter; she binge-watched “bad TV” with Bill.
Her programming of choice? House of Cards, the third season of which they had just finished watching; Madam Secretary, which stars Téa Leoni as Secretary of State; The Good Wife, which draws its inspiration from the phenomenon of the contemporary American political sex scandal.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer