Hillary Clinton was the guest of honor on Tuesday night’s episode of The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, the latest television stop in the presidential candidate’s campaign. At one point in the conversation, Colbert asked Clinton about her birthday on Monday, which came on the heels of last week’s protracted Benghazi hearing on Capitol Hill. Clinton said she turned 68 with refreshingly little fanfare: she slept in; she spent time with her daughter and granddaughter; she binge-watched “bad TV” with Bill.
Her programming of choice? House of Cards, the third season of which they had just finished watching; Madam Secretary, which stars Téa Leoni as Secretary of State; The Good Wife, which draws its inspiration from the phenomenon of the contemporary American political sex scandal.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears