Hillary Clinton was the guest of honor on Tuesday night’s episode of The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, the latest television stop in the presidential candidate’s campaign. At one point in the conversation, Colbert asked Clinton about her birthday on Monday, which came on the heels of last week’s protracted Benghazi hearing on Capitol Hill. Clinton said she turned 68 with refreshingly little fanfare: she slept in; she spent time with her daughter and granddaughter; she binge-watched “bad TV” with Bill.
Her programming of choice? House of Cards, the third season of which they had just finished watching; Madam Secretary, which stars Téa Leoni as Secretary of State; The Good Wife, which draws its inspiration from the phenomenon of the contemporary American political sex scandal.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org