Hillary Clinton was the guest of honor on Tuesday night’s episode of The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, the latest television stop in the presidential candidate’s campaign. At one point in the conversation, Colbert asked Clinton about her birthday on Monday, which came on the heels of last week’s protracted Benghazi hearing on Capitol Hill. Clinton said she turned 68 with refreshingly little fanfare: she slept in; she spent time with her daughter and granddaughter; she binge-watched “bad TV” with Bill.
Her programming of choice? House of Cards, the third season of which they had just finished watching; Madam Secretary, which stars Téa Leoni as Secretary of State; The Good Wife, which draws its inspiration from the phenomenon of the contemporary American political sex scandal.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now