Every town has one: that one house on the hill or up the block or around the corner that kids will only visit on a dare. The house filled with rumors about previous owners who met unsavory ends. The ramshackle home with an overgrown lawn where an errant baseball will be given up for lost. The house that if it shows up in a movie you know you’re watching a horror flick.
A new supercut from Burger Fiction puts together some of the creepiest clips from movies like The Amityville Horror, The Orphanage, The Shining, A Haunting in Connecticut, The Visitor, Psycho, and more (the complete list is on YouTube). After watching the supercut, it’s eminently clear that while these houses may be creepy on the outside, they are far, far worse on the inside.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve