For all the criticism over its lyrical treatment of women, Drake’s “Hotline Bling” has scored co-signs from some very cool ladies in recent weeks. Erykah Badu released her own remix of the song earlier this month, and on Monday Gwen Stefani briefly covered the track during an appearance on Jimmy Fallon’s The Tonight Show. Stefani and her fellow coaches on The Voice—Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Pharrell Williams—stopped by to play Spin the Microphone, which is sort of like Spin the Bottle if participating celebrities sang well-known hits instead of kissed each other. Levine’s mumbling Britney Spears cover and Shelton’s “Y.M.C.A.” dance are fairly amusing, but it’s Stefani’s enthusiastic cover of the No. 2 song in the country near the end that makes the clip worthwhile.
Also worthwhile: Gwen’s gutting new solo single, “Used to Love You,” which arrived last week.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart