The creative team behind the Tumblr account The Pixarist unveiled their real-life replication of Andy’s room from Toy Story 3 and “it’s all there,” from his crowded white board to signature toy box.
Morgan McGrew and Mason McGrew went all-out when recreating Andy’s bedroom for their live-action Toy Story 3 project, a full-length shot-for-shot reproduction of the 2010 animated film. According to Tumblr, it’s taken about two years to make sure “every little detail was captured” including the crown jewel: Andy’s door.
With help from friends, they scoped out thrift stores, rehabbed furniture, and snagged the perfect electric guitar to get the look just right. And that attention to detail was all worth it in the end.
“So yeah, a lot of work went into recreating Andy’s room,” the post said. “But you know what? My friends and I enjoyed every single minute of it. The extra work really paid off. We can’t get over how great it looks on film.”
Check out a sneak peek of the project with Buzz Lightyear in action, below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization