Apple’s revamped Apple TV set-top box is now available for preorder on Apple’s website. The streaming media device costs $149 for the 32GB version, while the 64GB model runs for $199.
The biggest change with this version of Apple TV is the introduction of third-party apps. Companies like HBO, ESPN and the MLB are all on board to make their own apps for the device, turning it into a true developer platform. “We believe the future of television is apps,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook when introducing the new device earlier this fall.
Read more: Apple TV needs these 4 things to be a hit
Meanwhile, Siri support and a new remote should make the device easier to navigate. The new Apple TV will compete with similar gadgets from companies like Roku, Amazon and Google.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org