Apple’s revamped Apple TV set-top box is now available for preorder on Apple’s website. The streaming media device costs $149 for the 32GB version, while the 64GB model runs for $199.
The biggest change with this version of Apple TV is the introduction of third-party apps. Companies like HBO, ESPN and the MLB are all on board to make their own apps for the device, turning it into a true developer platform. “We believe the future of television is apps,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook when introducing the new device earlier this fall.
Read more: Apple TV needs these 4 things to be a hit
Meanwhile, Siri support and a new remote should make the device easier to navigate. The new Apple TV will compete with similar gadgets from companies like Roku, Amazon and Google.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization