If Reese Witherspoon has her way, Elle Woods could soon be bending and snapping in the Oval Office.
Witherspoon appeared on a recent episode of Fashionably Late with , and when she was asked about her thoughts on a possible Legally Blonde 3, she said that although it’s not her call, she’d love to see everyone’s favorite Gemini vegetarian as president.
“A lot of writers over the years have come up with different ideas for it,” Witherspoon said. “I actually think it’s kind of great right now because we’re talking about women in politics and how important that is to get more women. And I think it’d be kind of a cool thing to have her be a Supreme Court justice or someone who runs for office.”
Witherspoon last appeared as Elle Woods in 2003’s Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde. The straight-to-video spinoff Legally Blondes premiered in 2009, and a Broadway musical debuted in 2007.
“I think we’re ready to see Elle and see what she’s up to lately,” Witherspoon said.
Watch Witherspoon talk about the possibility of Legally Blonde 3 in the video below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms