If Reese Witherspoon has her way, Elle Woods could soon be bending and snapping in the Oval Office.
Witherspoon appeared on a recent episode of Fashionably Late with , and when she was asked about her thoughts on a possible Legally Blonde 3, she said that although it’s not her call, she’d love to see everyone’s favorite Gemini vegetarian as president.
“A lot of writers over the years have come up with different ideas for it,” Witherspoon said. “I actually think it’s kind of great right now because we’re talking about women in politics and how important that is to get more women. And I think it’d be kind of a cool thing to have her be a Supreme Court justice or someone who runs for office.”
Witherspoon last appeared as Elle Woods in 2003’s Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde. The straight-to-video spinoff Legally Blondes premiered in 2009, and a Broadway musical debuted in 2007.
“I think we’re ready to see Elle and see what she’s up to lately,” Witherspoon said.
Watch Witherspoon talk about the possibility of Legally Blonde 3 in the video below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer