A statue memorializing Soviet leader Vladimir Lenin in the Ukraine has been transformed into a monument to Darth Vader.
The new statue, first reported by the news site Dumskaya, was unveiled Friday in the city of Odessa. It comes in the wake of a law requiring “decommunization” in Ukraine. Instead of destroying the statue it its entirety, artist Aleksander Milov was selected to modify it. Much of the statue remained the same as Milov replaced Lenin’s head with a helmet and turned his coast into a cape. The statue is also now a wi-fi hotspot.
The new statue comes as Star Wars fans prepare for the first new film in the franchise in a decade. Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters this December.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases