Teenaged brothers in Spokane, Wash., are facing a series of charges related to running a prostitution ring.
Police were alerted to the operation when a 17-year-old was arrested after a shooting and placed in juvenile detention, local NBC affiliate KHQ reports. Hoping to find out whether the culprits in the shooting were trying to call and intimidate witnesses, police tapped the phones at the facility and ended up hearing the young man giving instructions to his 15-year-old brother on how to run a prostitution ring to raise money to bail him out.
The 15-year-old was instructed by his brother on how to use women, including minors (and including their girlfriends), for prostitution. The younger brother advertised the young women on a website and sent them out on calls. When they did not comply with their pimps, they were reportedly beaten.
The Associated Press reports documents show the boys’ mother was receiving 25% of the profits.
The two brothers, who are in custody, now face a range of charges, including exploiting a minor for sexual purposes, promoting sex with a minor and possession of depictions of minors.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time