Making friends in school was easy.
But once you’re all grown up, it gets way harder — especially if you’ve just moved to a new city.
Thankfully, social science has figured out a few of the ways that adult friendships form.
Samantha Lee/Business Insider
This article originally appeared on Business Insider
More from Business Insider:
- 5 ways to change your body language to make people like you
- 10 ways introverts can make friends at work
- Psychologist shares the secret to making friends at work
- The psychology of ‘friends with benefits’
- These 10 Types Of Friends Are Costing You Money
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement