Making friends in school was easy.
But once you’re all grown up, it gets way harder — especially if you’ve just moved to a new city.
Thankfully, social science has figured out a few of the ways that adult friendships form.
More from Business Insider:
- 5 ways to change your body language to make people like you
- 10 ways introverts can make friends at work
- Psychologist shares the secret to making friends at work
- The psychology of ‘friends with benefits’
- These 10 Types Of Friends Are Costing You Money
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time