The parents of a 4-year-old girl who was shot and killed during a road rage incident say their daughter was a “beautiful soul” and they will not rest until her killer is locked up for good.
“He took my Lilly,” Veronica Garcia, the mother of 4-year-old Illiana Garcia told NBC News on Thursday.
Lilly was riding in her family’s car with her brother and her father, Alan Garcia, Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 40 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, when another car pulled up beside them and began firing into the car in what police believe was a road rage incident.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve