Talk about a bittersweet greeting.
A Portland couple, likely hoping to get a good nights’ rest, got the exact opposite this week when a knife-wielding burglar took his clothes off, climbed into their bed, and planted a kiss on one of them. According to Portland’s KATU, Richard Dean Defeudis, 32, broke into the home early Thursday morning and began picking off the couple’s valuables. But it wasn’t until he climbed into the bed and made his move on the man when he woke up.
According to police the man immediately went for his gun and shot at Defeudis, who grabbed his pants and ran. Police found him at a nearby vacant home. He was treated at a local hospital and was arrested on charges of burglary, first-degree sex abuse, and unlawful use of a weapon.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com