Talk about a bittersweet greeting.
A Portland couple, likely hoping to get a good nights’ rest, got the exact opposite this week when a knife-wielding burglar took his clothes off, climbed into their bed, and planted a kiss on one of them. According to Portland’s KATU, Richard Dean Defeudis, 32, broke into the home early Thursday morning and began picking off the couple’s valuables. But it wasn’t until he climbed into the bed and made his move on the man when he woke up.
According to police the man immediately went for his gun and shot at Defeudis, who grabbed his pants and ran. Police found him at a nearby vacant home. He was treated at a local hospital and was arrested on charges of burglary, first-degree sex abuse, and unlawful use of a weapon.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.