Talk about a bittersweet greeting.
A Portland couple, likely hoping to get a good nights’ rest, got the exact opposite this week when a knife-wielding burglar took his clothes off, climbed into their bed, and planted a kiss on one of them. According to Portland’s KATU, Richard Dean Defeudis, 32, broke into the home early Thursday morning and began picking off the couple’s valuables. But it wasn’t until he climbed into the bed and made his move on the man when he woke up.
According to police the man immediately went for his gun and shot at Defeudis, who grabbed his pants and ran. Police found him at a nearby vacant home. He was treated at a local hospital and was arrested on charges of burglary, first-degree sex abuse, and unlawful use of a weapon.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was