Apparently some of those funny tweets from Donald Trump were actually coming from an intern.
Shortly after the release of a poll Thursday, which showed Ben Carson edging out Trump among Republican voters in Iowa, the real estate mogul’s account retweeted a supporter who not only insulted their intelligence, but called into question the one thing Iowans don’t play about—their corn.
The tweet implied that brain issues created by genetically modified corn had caused Iowans to give Carson an 8 point lead over the billionaire. The tweet, now deleted, sent the state into a storm, according to The Des Moines Register.
Trump later explained that a “young intern” was to blame for the retweet. However, the New York Times reported that Trump does tweet some of his own material.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time