The opening montage of Pixar’s Up is one of the few movies that can make a grown-up bawl hysterically, while children just look on quizzically. So grab a tissue before you watch this video of a real-life couple playing Carl and Ellie’s theme from Up, because just a few strains of the song will make your eyes well up with tears.
The likelihood of waterworks only increases when you read the comments on the YouTube video that reveal the couple playing the piano are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. The clip was posted by their grandson Jason Lyle Black, the YouTube star known as the backwards piano man for his incredible knack for playing the piano with his arms behind his back. (His Taylor Swift cover is particularly fun to watch).
By getting his grandparents in costume, creating their own little ‘adventure book’, and having them play the heartbreaking-yet-lovely tune, Black devised the perfect homage to his grandparents—and to love.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time