The opening montage of Pixar’s Up is one of the few movies that can make a grown-up bawl hysterically, while children just look on quizzically. So grab a tissue before you watch this video of a real-life couple playing Carl and Ellie’s theme from Up, because just a few strains of the song will make your eyes well up with tears.
The likelihood of waterworks only increases when you read the comments on the YouTube video that reveal the couple playing the piano are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. The clip was posted by their grandson Jason Lyle Black, the YouTube star known as the backwards piano man for his incredible knack for playing the piano with his arms behind his back. (His Taylor Swift cover is particularly fun to watch).
By getting his grandparents in costume, creating their own little ‘adventure book’, and having them play the heartbreaking-yet-lovely tune, Black devised the perfect homage to his grandparents—and to love.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This