The opening montage of Pixar’s Up is one of the few movies that can make a grown-up bawl hysterically, while children just look on quizzically. So grab a tissue before you watch this video of a real-life couple playing Carl and Ellie’s theme from Up, because just a few strains of the song will make your eyes well up with tears.
The likelihood of waterworks only increases when you read the comments on the YouTube video that reveal the couple playing the piano are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. The clip was posted by their grandson Jason Lyle Black, the YouTube star known as the backwards piano man for his incredible knack for playing the piano with his arms behind his back. (His Taylor Swift cover is particularly fun to watch).
By getting his grandparents in costume, creating their own little ‘adventure book’, and having them play the heartbreaking-yet-lovely tune, Black devised the perfect homage to his grandparents—and to love.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate