The opening montage of Pixar’s Up is one of the few movies that can make a grown-up bawl hysterically, while children just look on quizzically. So grab a tissue before you watch this video of a real-life couple playing Carl and Ellie’s theme from Up, because just a few strains of the song will make your eyes well up with tears.
The likelihood of waterworks only increases when you read the comments on the YouTube video that reveal the couple playing the piano are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. The clip was posted by their grandson Jason Lyle Black, the YouTube star known as the backwards piano man for his incredible knack for playing the piano with his arms behind his back. (His Taylor Swift cover is particularly fun to watch).
By getting his grandparents in costume, creating their own little ‘adventure book’, and having them play the heartbreaking-yet-lovely tune, Black devised the perfect homage to his grandparents—and to love.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror