The opening montage of Pixar’s Up is one of the few movies that can make a grown-up bawl hysterically, while children just look on quizzically. So grab a tissue before you watch this video of a real-life couple playing Carl and Ellie’s theme from Up, because just a few strains of the song will make your eyes well up with tears.
The likelihood of waterworks only increases when you read the comments on the YouTube video that reveal the couple playing the piano are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. The clip was posted by their grandson Jason Lyle Black, the YouTube star known as the backwards piano man for his incredible knack for playing the piano with his arms behind his back. (His Taylor Swift cover is particularly fun to watch).
By getting his grandparents in costume, creating their own little ‘adventure book’, and having them play the heartbreaking-yet-lovely tune, Black devised the perfect homage to his grandparents—and to love.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction