Things are going well for Amy Schumer. The comedian just released an hour-long HBO comedy special, and it has now been revealed that she will make ten times more on her next film than she did on Trainwreck.
Schumer will make between $4 million and $5 million on an upcoming mother-daughter comedy movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter. By comparison, she made $300,000 to star in this year’s Trainwreck, which went on to gross $138.3 million worldwide.
Despite the big raise, apparently Schumer was shooting for even more: the Hollywood Reporter says she initially asked for $10 million to star in the new film.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Tessa Berenson at tessa.Rogers@time.com