Seems like Team Feel-the-Bern has a supporter from the future-past.
To mark Back to the Future Day, Sanders posted a photo of himself with Christopher Lloyd, the actor who played Doc Brown in the iconic movie series. “Tell me, future boy, who’s President of the United States in 2017?” reads the caption. After being informed it’s (hypothetically) Sen. Sanders, Doc Brown exclaims: “Bernie Sanders?! From Vermont?”
How did Sanders and Lloyd cross paths? Sanders is a guest on Wednesday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live show, which is spending the week filming from Kimmel’s hometown of Brooklyn. (Brooklyn happens to be Sanders’s hometown as well.) Kimmel’s other advertised guest for Wednesday’s Back to the Future segment—October 21, 2015—will be star Michael J. Fox, who played Marty McFly in the iconic trilogy that also co-starred Lloyd.
Lloyd’s Doc Brown made a separate appearance on the Internet on Wednesday, delivering a message to mark the special day.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List