The David O. Russell posse strikes again. Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro have teamed up with the Oscar-nominated director for yet another movie, this time about the life of Joy Mangano, the entrepreneur behind the “Miracle Mop” and other products. Lawrence stars as Mangano, De Niro plays her father and Cooper plays the Home Shopping Network executive who gave Mangano’s career a boost.
“I want people to see that it’s exciting and that it’s emotional and it’s intense and it’s funny and it’s new,” Russell told Entertainment Weekly about the new trailer. “It’s something we’ve never done before.”
Joy hits theaters Christmas day.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time