1. Even some surprising voices from big business want to stop crony capitalism in the U.S.
By Zephyr Teachout in the Guardian
2. Let your kids fail. You’ll be doing them a favor.
By Jenny Anderson in Quartz
3. Why aren’t there better rules protecting medical devices from hackers?
By J.M. Porup in Motherboard
4. Here’s what urban planners can learn from ants.
By Linda Koffmar at Uppsala University
5. Can classical music stay relevant?
By Anna Goldsworthy in The Monthly
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now