Donald Trump was supposed to make an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday night but had to cancel because of an “major political commitment,” according to a representative for the presidential hopeful.
That didn’t stop Kimmel, who said Trump’s team was “cryptic” about the scheduling conflict, from having some fun at Trump’s expense anyway.
“Why did he cancel? We told him there were cameras here, right?” the late-night host quipped. “Don’t worry, tonight we’re gonna give everyone in the audience a basketball dipped in cologne so you can fully experience what it would have been like had Donald Trump been here.”
That joke might make things a little awkward when Trump finally does stop by—campaign spokesperson Hope Hicks told Variety over email that Trump has “rescheduled to join in-studio in LA over the next few weeks.”
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement