It’s Oct. 21, 2015, so Doc Brown naturally has a message for you.
Social media has been abuzz for hours already, with Back to the Future fans celebrating in a variety of ways — from watching out for Michael J. Fox’s character Marty McFly (who traveled forward to exactly this date in the iconic movie trilogy’s second installment in 1989), to continuing to pray for a mass-produced version of that hoverboard, and wondering…what now?
But Brown, the eccentric genius and time machine inventor played by Christopher Lloyd, has a reassuring message for those who worry that self-lacing shoes aren’t really a thing yet.
“Yes, it is different than we all thought,” he says in a video uploaded to the movie series’ official Facebook page. “But don’t worry, it just means your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has.”
Here’s the whole video — shot inside the iconic DeLorean time machine, of course.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was