It’s Oct. 21, 2015, so Doc Brown naturally has a message for you.
Social media has been abuzz for hours already, with Back to the Future fans celebrating in a variety of ways — from watching out for Michael J. Fox’s character Marty McFly (who traveled forward to exactly this date in the iconic movie trilogy’s second installment in 1989), to continuing to pray for a mass-produced version of that hoverboard, and wondering…what now?
But Brown, the eccentric genius and time machine inventor played by Christopher Lloyd, has a reassuring message for those who worry that self-lacing shoes aren’t really a thing yet.
“Yes, it is different than we all thought,” he says in a video uploaded to the movie series’ official Facebook page. “But don’t worry, it just means your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has.”
Here’s the whole video — shot inside the iconic DeLorean time machine, of course.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart