Princess Kate more than lived up to her title on Tuesday, wearing a royal tiara while hosting her first state banquet alongside husband, Prince William, and Queen Elizabeth.
Middleton wore the pearl and daimond Lotus Flower tiara, which Queen Elizabeth keeps in her personal collection and has been in the royal family since the 1920s, PEOPLE reports. It was handed down to Queen Elizabeth from Queen Mary.
The banquet was given in honor of Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Pang Liyuan and included 130 guests. The Queen has hosted 110 state visits during her 63-year reign.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate