Princess Kate more than lived up to her title on Tuesday, wearing a royal tiara while hosting her first state banquet alongside husband, Prince William, and Queen Elizabeth.
Middleton wore the pearl and daimond Lotus Flower tiara, which Queen Elizabeth keeps in her personal collection and has been in the royal family since the 1920s, PEOPLE reports. It was handed down to Queen Elizabeth from Queen Mary.
The banquet was given in honor of Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Pang Liyuan and included 130 guests. The Queen has hosted 110 state visits during her 63-year reign.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space