The Force was strong with the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens as it debuted at halftime of ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
Ratings went up in the 15 minutes before the trailer came on at halftime of the matchup between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles, according to early numbers from Nielsen. From 9:45-10 p.m. E.T. the broadcast had a rating of 11.7, as the trailer premiered about 10:05 p.m. That’s compared to an average rating of 9.6 for the night.
Fans of the franchise waited through the actual game, a blowout Eagles victory over the Giants, but took to Twitter to voice their frustrations:
The Eagles won 27-7.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy