The Force was strong with the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens as it debuted at halftime of ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
Ratings went up in the 15 minutes before the trailer came on at halftime of the matchup between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles, according to early numbers from Nielsen. From 9:45-10 p.m. E.T. the broadcast had a rating of 11.7, as the trailer premiered about 10:05 p.m. That’s compared to an average rating of 9.6 for the night.
Fans of the franchise waited through the actual game, a blowout Eagles victory over the Giants, but took to Twitter to voice their frustrations:
The Eagles won 27-7.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023