The Force was strong with the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens as it debuted at halftime of ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
Ratings went up in the 15 minutes before the trailer came on at halftime of the matchup between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles, according to early numbers from Nielsen. From 9:45-10 p.m. E.T. the broadcast had a rating of 11.7, as the trailer premiered about 10:05 p.m. That’s compared to an average rating of 9.6 for the night.
Fans of the franchise waited through the actual game, a blowout Eagles victory over the Giants, but took to Twitter to voice their frustrations:
The Eagles won 27-7.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption