Lamar Odom has left a Las Vegas hospital and was flown to Los Angeles to continue his recovery, according to a family representative.
Reports say that Odom, 35, spent four days in a coma after he was found last week at a brothel in Crystal, Nevada. The two-time NBA champion was admitted to the hospital with cocaine and opiates in his system.
Odom is the estranged husband of Khloé Kardashian. Though they have been separated for two years, Kardashian has been responsible, along with his aunt, for taking care of him.
A statment from the family thanked Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas, where Odom was transported by helicopter around 5 p.m. Monday. The family was also appreciative of fan support and offered some hopeful news.
“He continues to make miraculous progress, taking a few steps in Los Angeles,” the statement said. “To everyone from across the nation and around the world who continued to send your love and prayers, we THANK YOU sincerely.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart