Lamar Odom has left a Las Vegas hospital and was flown to Los Angeles to continue his recovery, according to a family representative.
Reports say that Odom, 35, spent four days in a coma after he was found last week at a brothel in Crystal, Nevada. The two-time NBA champion was admitted to the hospital with cocaine and opiates in his system.
Odom is the estranged husband of Khloé Kardashian. Though they have been separated for two years, Kardashian has been responsible, along with his aunt, for taking care of him.
A statment from the family thanked Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas, where Odom was transported by helicopter around 5 p.m. Monday. The family was also appreciative of fan support and offered some hopeful news.
“He continues to make miraculous progress, taking a few steps in Los Angeles,” the statement said. “To everyone from across the nation and around the world who continued to send your love and prayers, we THANK YOU sincerely.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org