Beyoncé is known for her tendency to avoid speaking directly to the media. In fact, Queen Bey hasn’t given an interview for a print magazine in about two years or so, according to an August article from the New York Times. But in the preview released on Monday for Beat magazine’s latest issue, we learned that Ms. Carter not only posed for a cover photo shoot but also answered some questions for the music publication.
While the full interview won’t be released until Oct. 21, Beat reports that Beyoncé discussed a variety of topics. The pop superstar spoke about success and fear.
“What does fear taste like? Success. I have accomplished nothing without a little taste of fear in my mouth,” she said.
She also revealed some fun facts about herself: she likes her pizza with extra tomato sauce and jalapeños, the last song she got stuck in her head was Fetty Wap’s “Jugg” and if she had to choose one of her own eras to dress up as for Halloween, it would be either “Survivor” or “Bootylicious” Beyoncé.
Since the rest of us have been dressing up as Beyoncé on Halloween for years, maybe we can give Bey a few pointers.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out