When a groom backed out of his wedding in Sacramento, California, the bride’s mother didn’t let the lavish reception go to waste. Instead, she invited homeless people in the area to attend the dinner.
About 120 guests got to enjoy a rare, hot meal, during a lavish banquet at a restaurant in the Citizen Hotel, while the 27-year-old bride, Quinn, stayed home, her mother Kari Duane told KCRA. Duane also told the news station that she and her daughter will go on the honeymoon to Belize together.
One of the dinner’s attendees, Erika Craycraft, explained why the gesture was so touching to the news station: “To lose out on something so important to yourself and then give it to someone else is really giving, really kind.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com