Alex Rodriguez knows how to knock a baseball out of the park, but he made need to work on throwing a football. On a visit to the set of FOX NFL Sunday, the Yankees star threw a pass that hit and broke a television monitor.
On Twitter, sportswriter Jay Glazer, the intended pass recipient, defended himself saying the ball was “lost in the sun!!!” Rodriguez, who will be on FOX Sports for the MLB postseason, promised not to break anything else during his tenure.
According to video of the incident, the baseball star was a high school quarterback in his teen years.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at firstname.lastname@example.org