Alex Rodriguez knows how to knock a baseball out of the park, but he made need to work on throwing a football. On a visit to the set of FOX NFL Sunday, the Yankees star threw a pass that hit and broke a television monitor.
On Twitter, sportswriter Jay Glazer, the intended pass recipient, defended himself saying the ball was “lost in the sun!!!” Rodriguez, who will be on FOX Sports for the MLB postseason, promised not to break anything else during his tenure.
According to video of the incident, the baseball star was a high school quarterback in his teen years.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement