Larry David grabbed the late-night spotlight playing Bernie Sanders during a spoof of the first Democratic debate on Saturday Night Live this week.
The comedian, who resembles Sanders in both accent and behavior, combined his own trademark humor with outrage over the place of the middle class. “I don’t have a super PAC. I don’t even have a backpack,” said David “I own one pair of underwear. That’s it. Some of these billionaires have three, four pairs.”
David’s performance also included some of his trademark observational humor, which the comedian famously included on Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. “You know what I don’t understand America? These podiums,” said Sanders. “What are you supposed to do with your elbows?”
Alec Baldwin also appeared on SNL as presidential candidate Jim Webb. But much like Webb himself, who complained that the debate was a back and forth between Sanders and Hillary Clinton, Baldwin didn’t get much screen time.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement