Longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin appeared on Capitol Hill on Friday to testify before the House Select Benghazi Committee investigating the 2012 attack that killed four Americans.
Abedin, who worked with Clinton at the State Department and is now vice chairwoman of her presidential campaign, is meeting with investigators behind closed doors.
Clinton and her allies said the investigation is politically motivated after House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy linked Clinton’s dropping poll numbers to the committee’s work.
“It is a partisan vehicle, as admitted by the House Republican majority leader, Mr. McCarthy, to drive down my poll numbers,” Clinton said…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com