An 11-year-old Connecticut girl has helped catch the man who burglarized her home by drawing a stick figure picture of him for the police.
Rebecca DePietro, who was honored for her service in a ceremony on Thursday night, said police officers had asked her if she saw anyone suspicious in the neighborhood several months ago, NBC Connecticut reports. She said she had, and made a drawing of the man in two minutes. She didn’t think the cops would take it very seriously, but they say it helped them confirm the identity of the suspect, who has since confessed to 10 burglaries, including the one at DePietro’s home.
DePietro remains humble through it all: “I have to give a lot of credit to my art teacher,” she said.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating