The family of the still-missing first wife of infamous millionaire and murder suspect Robert Durst has taken a step toward a wrongful death lawsuit against the real-estate heir, it was revealed Thursday.
The brother of Kathleen McCormack Durst filed a petition to become administrator of her estate, according to his lawyer and court documents obtained by NBC News.
Kathleen mysteriously disappeared one night in the winter of 1982 while she was married to Robert. She has never been found and no one was ever charged in connection with the case.
James McCormack is seeking authority over Kathleen’s estate…
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve