A woman’s dead body was found hanging from a chain-link fence early this week. One passerby thought the lifeless form was merely a Halloween prank—not uncommon this time of year—but construction workers in Chillicothe, Ohio phoned authorities on Tuesday morning who confirmed that this was the real deal.
Authorities identified the woman as Rebecca Cade, 31, a woman who neighbors and family members told UpNorthLive.com had battled with drugs, but was “sweet girl.”
“She was very gullible, very easily misled, as long as she thought you were her friend she would do just about anything for you,” Tabitha Long, a friend, said.
Cade allegedly got into a fight with Donnie Cochenour Jr., 27, the night before she died. Cochenour was arrested on the charge of murder on Tuesday evening; according to authorities, she was running from him and got caught in the fence when she died. She died of blunt force trauma to the head and neck, officials said.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve