Constantly tethered to a wall, trying to give your iPhone extra juice?
Here are some tricks that will speed up the charging process.
1. If you plug an iPhone 6 Plus into a regular wall charger and wait five minutes, you’ll likely see a 3% or so increase in battery life. Good news: There’s a way to double that.
2. First, put your iPhone in Airplane mode. Your iPhone won’t waste energy on notifications, texts, or searching for a signal.
3. Next, take off your iPhone’s case. Batteries in the iPhone don’t do well in heat, and your case could be generating excess heat, according to Apple’s website.
4. Also, use an iPad charger instead of the one that comes with your iPhone.
5. Lastly, leave your phone alone while it’s charging. When the display screen is on, it eats up your battery.
If you do all those things, your iPhone should double the amount charged from about 3% to 6% in five minutes.
This video will walk you through that whole process:
More from Business Insider:
- 21 things you didn’t know your iPhone could do
- 10 new things your iPhone can do
- 9 things you can do with the new iPhone 6S that you can’t do with the iPhone 6
- How the iPhone 6S camera compares to that of the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6
- 16 reasons Android phones are better than iPhones
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization