The Back to the Future guys are, well, back!
With less than a week until Oct. 21, 2015 – a.k.a. the day Marty McFly and Dr. Emmett Brown set their time machine in Back to the Future Part II – the famous time-traveling duo have reunited.
In a new Toyota commercial featuring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd, the pair discuss what the film did (and didn’t) get right about life in 2015. And it turns out, the film wasn’t totally off-base.
As they drink coffee in a diner, the two realize that while dog-walking robots are still a thing of the future, we do, in fact, have 3-D movies and fingerprint technology.
But the thing they are most surprised about? Fax machines.
“Can you believe we said fax machines would still be around?” Fox asks.
“Yeah, I got a fax machine,” Lloyd responds.
“Who do you fax?” Fox asks in disbelief.
“I fax the people I fax!” Lloyd defends, adding that he would happily send a fax to Fox.
The reunion came on the same day that Lloyd, 76, admitted that he’d be up for a Back to the Future: Part IV film.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, he said, “I would love to do Doc again, no question.”
But even though he’d reprise his role in a heartbeat, he recognizes the challenges that come with making a new sequel.
“It’s tough to come up with an idea that contains the excitement of the original three,” he added. “So it would be a real challenge for the writers to come up with an original Back to the Future story that has the same passion and intensity and excitement as the other three. But it could be done, you never know.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time