Winter is coming, but for drought-stricken California that does not necessarily mean that water—and an easing of water-use restrictions—will come with it.
To remind its residents that winter does not mean an end to the drought, the City of West Hollywood has crafted a memorable public service announcement with a Game of Thrones-themed reminder to conserve.
The new PSA is straight out of Westeros. According to the map featured in the credits, West Hollywood appears to be located somewhere near the Lannisters’ stronghold of Casterly Rock. The video comes packed with the Mother of Dragons, a Jon Snow-lookalike, explosive special effects, the haunting GoT theme music, and, of course, a powerful message to continue to conserve water as the state faces one of the most serious droughts in recent history.
The video was created in partnership with Change the Course, a first-of-its-kind water sustainability campaign from partners Participant Media, National Geographic Society, and the Bonneville Environmental Foundation. The campaign is meant to remind people that their daily choices can affect the state’s overall water footprint. Luckily, watching Game of Thrones fits in with the state’s mandatory water restrictions, because it doesn’t require any water at all.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer