Boris Johnson really wanted to win that game of rugby, even if it meant flattening the children in his path.
The mayor of London who weighs around 225lbs was playing an informal game of street rugby in Tokyo during his trade mission to Japan, the Guardian reports, when he carried the ball and plowed over a 10-year-old boy standing in his way.
Johnson helped the boy up and apologized, later posing with him for photos and giving him a 2015 Rugby World Cup ball.
For his part, the young boy said, “I felt a little bit of pain but it’s OK,” and that his meeting with Johnson had actually been “enjoyable.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy