Boris Johnson really wanted to win that game of rugby, even if it meant flattening the children in his path.
The mayor of London who weighs around 225lbs was playing an informal game of street rugby in Tokyo during his trade mission to Japan, the Guardian reports, when he carried the ball and plowed over a 10-year-old boy standing in his way.
Johnson helped the boy up and apologized, later posing with him for photos and giving him a 2015 Rugby World Cup ball.
For his part, the young boy said, “I felt a little bit of pain but it’s OK,” and that his meeting with Johnson had actually been “enjoyable.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time