Just a week after the latest addition to the Fast and Furious franchise got its director in Straight Outta Compton’s F. Gary Gray, star Vin Diesel announced that the eighth film will be set in New York.
“New York, baby!” Diesel told Jimmy Fallon, who asked about the film during a visit to The Tonight Show. Diesel went on to explain that he’s doing three more films in the franchise that’s made $2.3 billion worldwide.
“Something that people don’t know is the first movie came from a Vibe article that was about street racers in New York,” Diesel said. The director and producer at the time reset the movie in Los Angeles.
Diesel got emotional on his visit to Fallon’s show, recalling that he first met his late co-star Paul Walker, who was killed in a 2013 car accident, in the same room they were filming Fallon’s show during a read through of the franchise’s first movie.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror