The family of a crew member who was aboard the sunken El Faro cargo ship has filed a $100 million lawsuit against the owners of the vessel.
The attorney for the family of Lonnie Jordan, one of the 33 crew members on the El Faro, announced the lawsuit against TOTE Services, Inc, and TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico at a news conference on Wednesday morning.
The Coast Guard says the ship sank off the coast of the Bahamas two weeks ago during Hurricane Joaquin.
Attorney Willie E. Gary was surrounded by Jordan’s relatives outside of the Duval County courthouse on Wednesday…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org