Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling did it in Crazy, Stupid, Love, and so have many couples hoping to use their weddings as a vehicle for Internet fame. But Jennifer Grey doesn’t understand why anyone would replicate her and Patrick Swayze’s iconic lift from 1987’s Dirty Dancing.
“I don’t know how all these people who re-enact it have the guts to throw themselves into the arms of anyone other than Patrick Swayze,” Gray tells The Guardian. “It’s insane!”
Grey, now 55, admits the lift was a one-time-only situation. “I only did it on the day I shot it,” she says. “Never rehearsed it, never done it since.”
And don’t even thinking about asking the star of Amazon’s Red Oaks to reproduce the move herself.
“Watch it over and over again but never ask me to do it again because I’m too f—ing old,” Grey says. “I have a family and I want to live longer.”
For more from Grey, head to The Guardian.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction